The emotional, physical and social burden of pregnancy loss, stillbirth and neonatal death
Worldwide there are millions of stillbirths and neonatal deaths each year. The effect of the associated grief on these families (especially mothers) is profound and can be very long lasting. The impacts can manifest in:
- loss of income through inability or impairment to work, reduced motivation, reduced productivity
- social isolation and withdrawal
- emotional impacts of sustained sadness and painful memories
- development or exacerbation of mental illness such as PTSD, anxiety and depression
- avoidance or fear of future pregnancies
- reduced physical exercise
- sleep disturbance
- appetite disturbance
- relationship change and difficulty to connect
The list goes on. The ravages of grief do soften over time, however the impact is profound and never forgotten.
Join the online 8 week Glimmer Program to help you optimize your mind, body and connection with self and others in your similar situation. You are not alone. This community will hold space for you. The strategies and tools you will uncover will help you navigate the tough times ahead.